R Visa (5 Yrs)

Our service

We can assit you to go through the verification process of foreign talent. Once approved, we can further apply a R visa which is valid for 5 years for you. Plus, the R visa does not have restriction of over age application, such as over 60 yrs old. 

If you keep the R for 3 years, holder of R visa can further apply for Permanent Residence Permit, provided that you can meet the salary requirements by then. Holder of R visa can also sponsor a visa for a foreign maid as housekeeper.  

1. Qualified employer company in Shanghai, which can meet one of the following: over 3 millions USD paid-in capital, high-tech compamy, multinational regional headquarters, research and development center, investment company, etc.
2. the applicant is an expert or professional foreigner of the company
3. valid passport with over 6 months remaining validity
4. valid work permit over 6 months validity
5. other supporting documents requried by the authority

At least 1 month

The above is standard time frame in regular circumstances and starts from the date of completion of required documents, and does not include additional time spent on documents delivery, unforeseeable events such as additional queries raised by the Chinese authorities, difficulty to get necessary documents signed and so on.

For more information, please feel free to contact us.
+86 21 61101981, 61101982

1. Do I have to go to the immigration office when apply for the Residence Permit later?
Yes, foreigners and their accompanying family members above 18 years old (inclusive) must go to the Chinese immigration office when apply for the Residence Permit.
2. What kind of entity can be the employer in China?
Your employer in China can be WFOE, local company, branch office, representative office or a Chinese entity where you are assigned to work.
3. What if my visa expired and overstay in Shanghai, what can I do and how much fine should I pay?
It depends. According to the Chinese immigration law, foreigners who over stay their Chinese visas will be charged a penalty of RMB 500 per day (maximum up to RMB10,000) or be detained for more than 5 days and less than 15 days. We suggest you contact us immediately. If it is handled in time and properly, it is possible to avoid penalties and liability. Otherwise, as the time goes late, everything will get more difficult to handle.
4. Do you know if 24 hours turnaround is possible on an M business visa from Hong Kong?
Yes. For some countries (such as USA, UK, Australian) we can assist you to get an M visa within 24 hours from Hong Kong
5. If I lost my passport in Shanghai, what should I do?
You should go to the Shanghai immigration office to report lost as soon as possible and a lost report will be issued to you. Then you can go to your Consulate in Shanghai to apply for a new passport and get a re-issued visa from the Shanghai immigration office.
6. Tourist visa expiration - I'm currently in Shanghai under tourist visa. I have found a job already but the company will help me apply for the work visa a couple of days after my tourist visa expires. So should i get an extension on my tourist visa? or
It is illegal for foreigners to stay in China after the China visa expires. You need to extend the tourist visa before the work visa is granted. In Shanghai, the tourist visa can be extended 30 days at a time but can only be extended just once. Let us know which city you are based in China to see there is any further we can help.